Custom Search

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SHORT

Not the biggest fan of Olivier Zahm; especially after the comment he made about fashion bloggers, but I do think that Purple magazines blog is worth a peek right now. Regardless of his now infamous "Kill All Bloggers" foot in mouth statement or more likely ... cheap shot for more press which makes Olivier easy to "unlike", Purple's blog did a nice job at capturing one of my favorite designers, John Galliano. They successfully presented his Spring 2011 collection with a breathtaking selection of photos. It's difficult for me to pick a favorite, but once again, as I've seen at MBFW, it seems that Galliano is also showing the much talked about new "look" for Spring 2011: the neutral, sheer, ethereal and glittery designs (in addition to "headgear") that just SCREAMS beauty and romanticism. Of course, Galliano doesn't disappoint - even though he pops alot of wildly colored ensembles in the mix - the most successful pieces; in my opinion, are : the neutral, sheer, ethereal and glittery ones. Did I mention - neutral, sheer, ethereal and glittery twice? Oh well, shame on me, but I believe these garments are noteworthy of the most praise and for most of the fashion designers for Spring 2010, stand out as favorites amongst the fashion community.
I was very interested in the photograph of the rear side of one of the models walking backstage ... seems as if after all Terry Richardson does have alot in common with Olivier Zahm. I suppose I would have to ask Terry to get those pics back that he took of me in my short skirt walking up the stairs in one of the clubs we both frequented in the East Village, circa 1994. Only my outfit wasn't sheer just short and most definetly NOT ethereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment